Amidst the rise of social media marketing, influencer marketing has become a trendy marketing strategy among digital marketers. If you are thinking that this strategy is limited between bloggers & celebrities then you should research the current influencers landscape. Nowadays, you can’t scroll through social platforms without seeing your favorite brands or products being displayed or promoted by social media influencers.
Most people take influencer marketing as a prominent way of celebrity marketing. Rather than just think of it as a way to share on social networks for views, likes, or comments, you may think of it as user-generated content or users recommending your service or products in front of their friends, family & followers. It is worth mentioning that, influencer marketing is much cheaper than approaching a marketing agency to conduct a campaign for your brand.
If your brand doesn’t leverage the influencer marketing strategies & still has questions about why brands need influencers? How to get the right influencer? Then, this article will help you to know more about influencer marketing. Let’s have a look at a few steps on how to use influencer marketing to grow brands.
What Is Influencer Marketing & Why do Brands Rely On Influencers?
Influencer marketing is an online marketing strategy where brand owners promote their products or services by partnering with people who already have huge followings on social platforms. Influencers hold a wide range of engaged audiences & brands leverage this huge audience base to drive sales, generate more leads, boost social media followers & most importantly gain customers’ trust.
Influencers detain a power that has a direct impact on the customer’s purchase decision, social media influencers are empowered with authority, position & extreme relationships with their fan followings. It is said that each dollar spent on influencer marketing, returns to the brand as 5x more impression & engagement than paid advertisement.
Influencer marketing is a competitively new strategy among other online marketing rules. So, if you are wondering how influencer marketing helps to promote your brand awareness then you have to think out of the box to connect with the audience. Some reasons are:
- It is no need to mention that, influencers are highly social & they can attract consumers regarding the generations. They work as an unofficial brand ambassador for the brands.
- Influencers have the real power to generate real content that builds trust & loyalty to their followers. 84% of the customers go through an influencer's recommendations over any platform before purchasing the products.
- Influencers affect your social media visibility. When your brand is displayed by any high-profile influencer, your followers on social media will get a boost, hence it helps in SEO
Effective Steps To Create An Influencer Marketing Strategy
Step 1: Define Your Influencer Marketing Goal
The two main reasons to start influencer marketing are to increase sales & enhance brand awareness. Sometimes, marketers set multiple broad goals for their campaign & fail to achieve those. Instead of choosing multiple goals just focus on what you want to achieve exactly from this campaign.
What is your goal or aim as an influencer? Do you want to promote your new product to a younger demographic? Do you want to utilize influencers to talk about your overall brand? Do you want to run a specific discount campaign through any influencers? When you can determine the end goal you will find 4 to 5 key performance indicators for each of the goals. Every influencer has their own targeted audience & defining your goal will help you to find the perfect person who can help you achieve to achieve the targeted sales.
Step 2: Identify Your Targeted Audience
Before making your influencer list, you need to find out your targeted audience. Make a reminder that, influencers are online specialists whose followers have a similar interest as your audience. Basically, you two parties need an indifferent fan base.
If you already know about your buyer persona it will be easy to find out perfect influencers whose followers perfectly match your targeted market.
Step 3: Types Of Influencers
Picking the right influencer is not as crucial as it looks. As we have mentioned influencer marketing is beyond celebrity marketing, so you should look for influencers who have a strong social media presence, are passionate & have the ability to make engaging content.
While looking for an influencer for your brand, you should emphasize some criteria like the size of the audience, content relevance & consistency in posting content. Here are some groups of influencers based on the size of the audience.
- Mega Influencers: They usually have at least one million followers on any social platform. You should partner with them only if you have a global audience to cater to your service.
- Macro Influencers: These types of influencers are difficult to reach. More often they are frontline in their own niche. Also, these influencers are relevant for advertising products from specific niches. You can contact them through any agency & they are relatively costly.
- Micro-Influencers: They are industry experts who hold followers less than macro-influencers 10,000-100,000. They are cost-effective to hire & most of the time brands hire micro-influencers for a successful influencer marketing
- Nano Influencers: These types of influencers are suitable for startups or SMEs. Holding a smaller range of followers like 1000-10000, they work for multiple niches.
Step 4: Outreach influencers
Most of the time influencers are over exploded with spamming messages and useless offers for advertising, that is why they intend to ignore messages without giving a single read. So, it is necessary for the brands to strike a message that can ensure a long-term relationship.
The first approach is you can conduct an interview with the experts because people love discussing what they have learned also this is a great opportunity for them also. This interview can be an article or blog on your platform.
The second approach is you can do a favor instead of asking a favor from the influencer. Some ideas are- to comment on their social media post or blog post, share their post, and mention their skill on LinkedIn.
The last approach can be mentioning the influencers on your content or social media post. To find influencers who are interested in your niches using the possible ways like following their Facebook, LinkedIn & Youtube communities & also follow them on Twitter. You can simply email them about your post to share their feedback in their community.
Step 5: Make It A Win-Win Situation For Both Brand & Influencers
Successful influencer marketing is like a two-way street. If your brand is only a winning party then you can level build a long-term relationship with any influencers. You need to compensate or show something that they will get in return. Some compensation ways are:
- Cash is the most common form of compensation & most influencers actually prefer this.
- You can offer free products or any offer & discount in exchange for social media shoutouts.
- The commission is a win-win situation for both parties. For each sale, influencers will get a certain amount of commission. Also, this is the best agreement method as long as you are following a fair commission method.
In recent years, influencer marketing is the most popular & effective way to get exposure for your brand. It is not only about a post of influencers with likes, views, or comments. You can get the most out of it by reposting & sharing it on your social media handles, also you can create a pin about it on Pinterest. You can reuse the content until it is time-sensitive. Also monitoring every stage of your campaign is necessary to monitor the leads you will get from the specific campaign. Keep in mind that, your campaign will be successful only if your chosen influencer completely acknowledges your brand.
Royex Digital is a goal-oriented Digital Marketing Agency in Dubai. We offer a range of digital marketing services with the adaptation of cutting-edge web, mobile and social technology. From market research to growth tracking we provide every digital marketing service in the most cost-effective way. We adapt and practice cutting-edge marketing tactics by harnessing the power of modern marketing technologies.
Let Royex Digital’s digital marketing team help you develop an effective marketing strategy to drive more qualified visitors to your site and convert those visitors into leads and sales.